Year In Review
Major Accomplishments from July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015
- Presented the Ninth Annual Liar’s Contest in collaboration with the Indiana State Fair.
- Commissioned Stephanie Holman to develop and premiere the story, Marquette Park: A Shining Jewel on the Dunes in collaboration with Indiana Landmarks
- Commissioned Sharon Kirk Clifton to develop and premiere the story, Over There and Back Again, about WWI in collaboration with the Indiana Historical Society
- Awarded the Frank Basile Emerging Stories Fellowship to Bob Sander
- Presented six solo storytelling performances featuring national touring storytellers for adults.
- Presented one storytelling performance for families in collaboration with the Indianapolis Public Library
- Presented Ghost Stories at Crown Hill Cemetery in collaboration with Crown Hill Heritage Foundation
- Presented Jabberwocky, a monthly event in collaboration with IndyFringe Theatre
- Weekly storytelling at a local children’s hospital. Storytellers visit the bedside of the patients sharing stories and songs.
- Monthly As I Recall Storytelling Guild Meetings at the Glendale Branch Library and the Hancock County Public Library in Greenfield. Participants listen and share their family stories. Free and open to the general public
- Sent storytellers to fifteen 15 day camps in Marion County during the month of July
- Recorded and archived twelve stories for the Life Stories Project in collaboration with the Indiana Historical Society and WFYI.
- Participated in two programs for the Spirit & Place Festival in 2016
- Offered the Story of Your Business and the Business of Your Story workshop series in 2016.
- Debut, Two Truths and a Lie at Pokagon State Park and McCormick Creeks State Park in 2016.