Year In Review
Major Accomplishments from July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015
- Presented the Sixth Annual Liar’s Contest in collaboration with the Indiana State Fair.
- Commissioned Stephanie Holman to develop and premiere the story, Marquette Park: A Shining Jewel on the Dunes in collaboration with Indiana Landmarks
- Commissioned Steve Etheridge to develop and premiere the story, Carl Fisher: The Incredible Vision of a Half-Blind Man in collaboration with the Indiana Historical Society
- Awarded the Frank Basile Emerging Stories Fellowship to Frances Whitener
- Presented six solo storytelling performances featuring national touring storytellers for adults.
- Presented two storytelling performances for families.
- Presented Ghost Stories at Crown Hill Cemetery in collaboration with Crown Hill Heritage Foundation
- Presented Jabberwocky, a monthly event in collaboration with IndyFringe Theatre
- Sponsored a stage during the IndyFringe Theatre in August 2014.
- Weekly storytelling at a local children’s hospital. Storytellers visit the bedside of the patients sharing stories and songs.
- Monthly As I Recall Storytelling Guild Meetings at the Glendale Branch Library and the Hancock County Public Library in Greenfield. Participants listen and share their family stories. Free and open to the general public
- Sent storytellers to fifteen parks for children receiving free lunches during the month of July 2014 in collaboration with Indy Parks.
- Recorded and archived eleven stories for the Life Stories Project in collaboration with the Indiana Historical Society and WFYI.
- Presented Summer Porch Tales in four locations in Hamilton County during the month of June 2015.
- Offered the Story of Your Business and the Business of Your Story workshop series in 2015.