Frank Basile Fellowship
- Applicants must live in Indiana.
- Applicants may not be a staff and/or board member of Storytelling Arts of Indiana.
- Previous recipients of the Frank Basile Emerging Stories Fellowship are ineligible except for the individuals receiving the fellowship from 2000 – 2010. Those individuals may reapply.
- Story needs to be 60-minutes in length and appropriate for adults.
- Applicant must be available to perform on November 3, 2018, in Indianapolis.
Timeline for Emerging Stories Scholarships
April 30, 2018 Grant Application is due. Must be postmarked April 30, 2018. No faxes or emails will be accepted. May 31, 2018 The winner will be notified and will receive the first payment of $1,000. November 3, 2018 Performance of stories at the Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center. At the completion of the performance, the storyteller will receive final payment of $1,000.
Examples of stories to be funded by The Frank Basile Emerging Stories
Examples of possible subject matter for the development of a new story include but are not limited to the following ideas:
- Gathering family stories and developing a performance piece based on your family stories.
- Researching an historical event and developing a performance piece based on your research.
- Researching folktales from a particular country and developing a performance piece based on your research.
Application for The Frank Basile Emerging Stories
Please answer the following questions. You may not exceed two typed, single-spaced sides and using no smaller than 10-point font and no less than one-inch margins:
- Your name, street address, city, state, zip code, phone number and e-mail address.
- How have you been involved with storytelling?
- Please list three references of individuals who have hired you in the past including name, address, city, state, ZIP code, phone number and e-mail address. (Do not include the executive director of Storytelling Arts of Indiana as a reference.)
- Please list the last six places that have hired you as a storyteller including the date of the performance or gig, contact name, phone number, email and address along with a one-line description of the job.
- Please describe the subject matter that you would like to research and develop into a 60-minute story for adults and why this subject is of particular interest to you? Be as specific as you can.
- Where and how will you help market this story for the premiere?
- Please summarize your career as a professional storyteller.
- Storytelling Resume
- Publicity materials – brochure, newspaper articles etc. (no more than 4 items)
- Audio CD or DVD (optional)
Note: Please send 3 copies of the above narrative and supporting materials to:
Storytelling Arts of Indiana
450 W. Ohio St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
It must be postmarked by April 30, 2018.